Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Ode to my BFF for her Birthday



My besties birthday was this last Friday and so I had to give a shout out to her on the blog! If you don't know Kristen there is a little part of my heart that is sad for you because she is one of the best people I know, but selfishly...if you don't know her I'm a little glad because that means she gets to spend more time with me! hehe just kidding....sort of!
Kristen has sat in the pit with me and rejoiced on the mountain top next to me. With her I can laugh or cry, I can be silly or serious, I would trust her to decorate my house or pick out the dress I would wear to my wedding...she knows me that well. With her I can just be me...whoever that is in the moment....and that's not something you find everday. I learn from her on a daily basis and I laugh because of her on most days. She constantly strives to love Jesus more and her husband, Kent. She has recently taken up cooking and has introduced me to many great recipes. She speaks wisdom and truth in times when I need to hear it the most. She loves to go on adventures with me to the mall, the museum, or a new restaurant. She pushes me to be a better version of myself....even when she doesn't realize it. So Happy Birthday, Kris....you're the bestest and 27 looks fabulous on you!

On a not so random sidenote....for Kristen's birthday last weekend we had a Dallas day and tried a new restaurant called Rise Souffle and Wine Bar in Inwood Village and had some amazing souffle's for lunch. The atmosphere was really cool too! So if you're looking for a new epicurean adventure I would suggest Rise!

2 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Aw...great tribute for a great girl:) hey you are coming next week!

Beth Bryson said...

Hi Lindsey!
Great meeting you while you were in Memphis! I just LOVED reading this tribute to your "bestie".....how very sweet and, you made me smile today! Love our pics you took! You are SOOOO talented! All the best to you! Hugs! Beth Bryson