Monday, July 7, 2008

i.heart.reading

Every winter I long for summer. Once January 1st is over....i think the sun should make it's way back on over to our side of the earth ASAP because I don't love the cold. But even more than not loving the cold, I just love the mentality of summer. For me it's late sunsets, margaritas on the patio, cute sunglasses, laying out by the pool, late nights of laughter with friends, forgetting what day it is, and catching up on some good reading! The summer is when I devour books. I've gotten a late start this summer due to so many weddings and trying to catch up with the pace of my life, but I'm claiming back my time to read. So my first book of the summer is A History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I hear it's good so I'm hoping to get through a lot of it tomorrow on my plane ride to Kansas.
After that though I'm looking for suggestions! I love all kinds of books from fiction, memoirs, history, inspirational....I enjoy a lot of it. So if you have a good book suggestion leave me a comment!

4 comments:

Rachel DeBell said...

My all time favorite is To Kill a Mockingbird. But I am also very addicted to Harry Potter...i know its weird...and am eagerly awaiting the 7th book in paperback so I don't have to spend $25 on the hardback!

The Magsigs said...

Have you read A Severe Mercy? I can't remember if I let you borrow it or not. Believe me, I could email you a big list, so if you're still searching, let me know.

Lauren Williams said...

Rachel- as a Harry Potter fan i can not allow you to wait that long to read book 7! please borrow my copy :)
as far as suggestions i am drawing a blank but one of my faves when i was little was A Wrinkle in Time. probably not one you will actually read but i just popped in my head? i promise i've read other books since childhood though :)

Lindsey Brittain said...

Lauren...you are cute!
The funny thing is I actually have been wanting to read A Wrinkle in Time. It resurfaced from childhood a few months ago and I've been meaning to read it so maybe this is confirmation that I should do it!

Rach-Love to Kill a Mockingbird as well..might name my firstborn Scout. =)

Mindy-A Severe Mercy is also a fave....it makes me cry! I will welcome any other suggestions!

I finished The History of Love and it is a good book...great writing!